Thursday 15 February 2007

My stand at the Work on Paper Fair


Many thanks to Christine Tacq for sending me this picture of my stand at the RA Work on Paper Fair last week. I displayed a lot of prints from previous books, thinking they might sell at this Art venue - but in the end it was the books that sold best, very gratifying to introduce the idea to a new audience.
The large long prints on the left are collagraphs from 'The Garden of Earthly Delights' that I did in 2004. It was based on the centre panel of the Bosch painting in the Prado and I commissioned a long poem from Judith Kazantzis which wrapped round the triptychs; we both love birds so they featured largely, with lots of fruits and berries as well. It sold out very quickly as it was so time consuming to print that I only made 12 copies.
On the right are woodcuts from Lorca's Sonnets of Dark Love which I began in 2000; I have only just finished printing the last of 30 copies and all are now sold.
Among other things on the table is 'Beauty and the Beast' - an installation book and a one-off, a dressing table in a forest of scrunched leather trees ( made from bilers jackets ) - the dressing table is made up of tiny books and drawers of objects, and the side panels contain miniature tableaux.
Eventually I will post up specifications of the books I have done and more images...
but at the moment I am pre-occupied tearing up paper for pages for my next book, I'm a third of the way through - only another 20 hours worth to do......

No comments: